The Universal Seat Belt® swivels and is designed to be adjustable from 6 inches to approximately 2 feet. Past this distance, the efficacy of a seatbelt is compromised: a belted-in dog is still likely to impact the interior of the car during a sudden stop or accident.
Our Universal Seat Belt® and Universal Latch Belt® are constructed using the same energy-absorbing weave and cast steel as a D.O.T. seatbelt and have been lab-tested for strength and will work in any car: foreign, domestic, Tesla, etc.
Other copycat products on the market compromise safety to save a few dollars. These imitations are put together using weak stamped steel and cheap, stiff nylon webbing.
Our Universal Seat Belt® and Universal LATCH Belt® are a must have item for any dog in a vehicle.
From a safety standpoint, here's why:
• An unrestrained dog will impact your car interior during an accident or sudden stop;
• your dog can interfere with your control while driving and cause you to lose control of the vehicle;
• an unrestrained dog can flee into traffic or go astray, whether when you open your car door in a parking lot or once first responders reach your vehicle after an accident;
• an unrestrained dog can interfere with the ability of first responders to provide you with medical treatment at the scene of an accident. After the shock of an impact, dogs instinctively try to protect the pack, and view strangers as a threat. Heartbreakingly, these same first responders must swiftly deal with an unrestrained, aggressive dog, for their safety and yours;
• moreover, an unrestrained dog is a dynamic projectile, meaning unlike a purse or bottle of water, he or she will not only impact the interior, but also thrash around during and after an accident.